Gynecology 5 EDiTiON

By Tamara L Callahan, Aaron B Caughey

Gynecology 5 EDiTiON 078178249X.jpg

Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Number Of Pages: 368
Publication Date: 2008-12-01
ISBN-10 / ASIN: 078178249X
ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780781782494

One of the best selling and highly regarded volumes in the Blueprints series, Blueprints Obstetrics and Gynecology provides students with a concise review of what they need to know in their ob/gyn rotations or the Boards. Each chapter is brief and includes pedagogical features such as bolded key words, tables, figures, and Key Points. A question-and-answer section at the end of the book presents 100 board-format questions with rationales. The newest techniques in contraception and sterilization and hormone replacement therapies are covered, as are contemporary treatment options for uterine fibroids and invasive breast cancer. A companion ***site includes a question bank and fully searchable text.

Summary: good review book
Rating: 4

Overall, this was a good review book. Wasn't quite enough for the ****f but was great for the rotation.

Summary: Fabulous book
Rating: 5

I felt extremely prepared by using BP Ob/Gyn and Case Files Ob/Gyn. As a medical student, I was on a busy service with lots of hands on experiences in both these fields. Although I sometimes had questions that didn't fall into the high yield format of these books, if you know them both well it will make your life easier (you'll be prepared for work-up/management issues) and you'll look like an all-star (pimping).
Also, I used an older EDiTiON and was able to compare it to the new edition. Most topics are the same, but there are some additional photos/illustrations in the new book. I believe you would still gather the same overall understanding using either, but if you're a picture person then by all means use the newer version.

Summary: Great book for Rotation!!!
Rating: 4

This book had everything I needed to feel like I was learning what was expected of me during the rotation as well as helping me get a great foundation as to base my studies for Step 2. I plan on looking back at this book while I get ready for Step 2 to brush up on the finer points. Overall a great book and worth the money spent!

Summary: excellent primary resource for 3rd year ob/gyn clerkship
Rating: 5

I haven't been impressed with Blueprints for medicine or psychiatry, but for ob/gyn it's the single best review book. Pair up with Casefiles and a question book or question bank online and you will do very well on the ****f.

iFile

PDF ******** 18 mb including all chapters, abbreviations guide, questions and answers from Blueprints ObGyn.